Wednesday, November 18, 2015

"First cast the beam out of thine own eye."

I'm a humble person with lofty goals.  I want to do more to help this world than just raising my children.  Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and I love being a mother, but I feel driven to do more and be more.  I want so much to do something that actually makes a difference for good in this evil world.  I don't care if I'm ever known or if it makes me any money (in fact using a Spiritual gift to make money seems to me to be a form of preistcraft).  I want to please God, and use my gift somehow to bless others.

I'd been browsing websites about empaths, and looking over books, and their reviews on amazon, and most deal with how to "cope" with being an empath.  I don't want to just cope, or get by, or manage this gift.  God gave me this gift for a reason, and it wasn't just to learn to recognize that an emotion isn't mine and then give it back.  I called my big sister for advice.  She had promised to find me a good reliable book when we first discussed my gift, and I hadn't heard back weeks later. While on the phone with her, she found a website that talked about letting bad energies in, then healing them into good before sending them back again.  I loved this idea.  To actually heal others feelings became my new goal.  It felt good to know a goal and know there was someone using her empathy to make a difference like I want to.  It's possible.

Then staring me in the face were my own hurts I've held over the years.  I know the first person I have to learn to heal is myself.  Once I heal myself, my own family will be next and teaching my daughter who I think might be an empath how to heal instead of meltdown.  Then I will see what more God might have in store for me.

No comments: