Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Helping your inner child

The next morning after my session I decided to check on my inner child in my meditation and see how she was doing.  The cage was still gone, but she had been left in an empty lonely place.  I pictured the perfect big climbing tree (I loved climbing trees as a child.) and then in the tree I build her a treehouse.  It had paints for her to paint the walls with, and a corner with fluffy pillows and blankets she could curl up in to rest or read a book.  I build a door in the roof so she could climb high in the tree when she wants, and gave her a telescope to look out around her and watch for any signs of danger.  But it wasn't complete.  Then I remembered a two story treehouse my husband told me about that he had as a kid.  So I built her a lower level on the ground too.  This one had a bookshelf with all her favorite books and a cumfy chair to read them in.  Then I realized she needed help feeling safe to be able to relax to read or paint and enjoy herself.  So I gave her a cat to sense when something is amiss and warn her and then she can climb up to see what is wrong with her telescope.  The cat can also be her friend and keep her company while I'm busy.  Now it is complete.  It is the kind of place I longed for as a child with four sibblings.  I never had a place I could consider my own where I could go to decompress when I was overstimulated.  Now she has the place I so badly needed when I was young.

What does your inner child need to feel safe and happy?  What did you always wish you had as a child?  What place did you wish to go?  Give it to your inner child now.  It's never too late for healing.

No comments: