Monday, July 11, 2016

Stuck in an Eddy in the River of Life

Yesterday and this morning I've been pouring my heart out to God asking for answers and asking for help.  My husband is working 60 hr weeks at two jobs, and with my kids home all day for the summer I feel like I'm barely maintaining my household, and not very well at that.  If I get any cleaning done in one room I'm sure to find another that my kids have messed up worse than the one I was just cleaning.  I don't feel like I'm making any progress in any areas of my life right now.  Then while praying this morning the word popped into my head, "eddy," so I asked God, "Who's Eddy? I don't know anyone named Eddy."  I can feel Him almost laughing at me, "Not 'Who?' what!" It suddenly clicks!  I'm in an eddy in the river of life right now.  Just swirling around not really going forward or backward.  What are the eddies of life for?  What should I do about it?  The answer came to just keep doing what I can to strengthen myself and to practice the essential things I really need to master as a mother and homemaker.  Once I'm strong enough I'll be able to break out of the eddy without getting swept away by the current or smashed on the rocks up ahead.  Life isn't like the lazy kind of rivers I see in Kansas it's more like the mountain rivers and streams that have rapids, cascades, and waterfalls with huge rocks every where.  So I should be thankful for the little eddies too that give me the time to strengthen myself and prepare for what is coming down stream, even though I can only really see a small unsure glimpse of what's downstream from where I am.  And most of all it's okay to be in an eddy for a while now and then.  They are there for a reason.

No comments: